Brown Sugar Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin

I rarely cook pork tenderloin, heck I hardly buy it just because of the cost! I shop on a pretty tight food budget and paying $3 or more per lb. for meat just doesn’t sit well with me. Considering the fact it takes nearly a whole pig just to fill the bellies of all these darn kids (okay I may be exaggerating a bit here) I would end up paying $20 for the protein of one dinner! Well I got lucky last week and found pork tenderloin on sale for under $2/lb. What a treat! Meat under $2/lb. is right up my alley! I stocked up so we could eat some now and freeze the rest for later.

I love to cook pork dishes. I find it takes on flavors very easily and doesn’t require a whole lot of fuss to make a fabulous meal for the family. Being such a naturally mild flavored meat allows you to flavor it with any spice you may wish. On this night I was kind of digging the sweet and savory combo, I was also completely ignoring the fact that my husband doesn’t really care for pork, because I’m thoughtful like that. Sorry Jon…  A brown sugar and balsamic vinegar mixture was rubbed all over the tenderloin and creating a crispy sweet glaze on the finished product. The pan drippings thickened as they cooled making a perfectly sweet and savory sauce to spoon over the sliced pork. My mouth waters just thinking about how good this turned out! I think I even had Jon’s mouth watering, from the pork, not my seductive good looks.

Pork Tenderloin

The brown sugar rub could be used on basically any meat you have on hand. I can just imagine how incredible this would be on a Thanksgiving Turkey or even a Christmas Prime Rib Roast. The Holidays are right around the corner! Time to start planning!

5.0 from 1 reviews
Brown Sugar Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

Author:
Ingredients
  • 1 whole pork tenderloin
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • ¾ c. brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
  • salt
  • pepper
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a bowl stir together the garlic, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and mustard.
  3. Season the tenderloin well with salt and pepper.
  4. Rub the brown sugar mixture all over the tenderloin.
  5. Place in a baking dish and cook until the meat registers at 145 degrees.
  6. Remove from the pan and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
  7. Drippings in the roasting pan will thicken after cooling for 10 minutes and are great spooned over the sliced meat!

Comments

• Cara Hersey says

Cheryl I tried the same glaze recipe on a huge pork roast in the crockpot last night and it worked out amazing! I’m eating leftover Brown Sugar Balsamic Pulled Pork right now!! :)

1. Dawn says

This recipe is fantastic! I did it on a big pork roast and my family loved it. I know I’ll be making this again!

• Cara Hersey says

Thank you for coming back and letting us know what you thought!! I am so glad your family loved it! I have made this glaze for different meats at least 4 times since posting this recipe, it really does go great on any cut of meat!

2. Becca says

This is in the oven now! Looks good and smelled great until the glaze drippings in the pan started burning. Now most of the glaze is charred in the pan. :-( I’m not a well practiced cook but could have used a suggestion to cover the pan in foil maybe?? Did you do this? Sometimes my oven does seem to run hot-maybe that’s the problem.

• Cara Hersey says

Oh geeze Becca so sorry for your charred drippings! No this didn’t happen to mine. I was able to spoon my drippings over the tenderloin like a sauce. Maybe reduce the temp of the oven a bit and/or cover the pan in foil. Also what kind of pan did you use? I used one of my lg. glass baking dishes, not much tends to burn in those.

• Cara Hersey says

Suzy it was a rather large tenderloin! And at 50 minutes it was perfectly cooked after resting! Pretty fat loin! :) But definitely adjust cooking time depending on the size of your tenderloin!

• Cara Hersey says

I did cook mine at 425! But if you prefer to cook yours at 325 then that’ll work too! I cooked mine higher to get a nice crispy crusty outside. About how long do you cook yours at 325, just for those who prefer to cook at that temp?

3. Erin Bachmann says

Made this tonight. Added a couple tablespoons of honey to the sauce. Came out ooey-gooey and absolutely delicious! I think next time I’ll add a little fresh orange juice to it. Thanks for a new family favorite meal!!! :)

• Cara Hersey says

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it turned out!! Adding some OJ is a fabulous idea!! I my try that too!

4. Ann says

I plan to make this for a dinner party for 10– how much would you suggest and would it take longer to cook? Still 425– or maybe 375 if I don’t want it to burn or char? Thanks– hoping for a big success~~~
    Ann

• Cara Hersey says

I would probably cook up 4 tenderloins for 10 adults. 5 if you plan on feeding some hefty men! The leftovers will be just as good over a salad the next day so it’s better to have too much rather than not enough! It won’t take longer as long as you don’t over crowd the cooking pan. You may certainly cook them at a lower temp! Check out some of the suggestions in this comment section and see what would work best for you! Good luck with your dinner party! Fingers crossed! :)

• Ann says

It was fantastic! Moist and very flavorful. My sauce was pretty runny, though. Any suggestions on making it thicker? I will definitely make this again!!!

• Cara Hersey says

Oh Ann if only you could see the smile on my face!! I’m so happy you had success! If it were me with the runny sauce I probably would have first panicked then fought back tears… Next I would pour the drippings into a sauce pan and simmer until it thickened up. Maybe with so much meat there was just too much meat juices dripping? Thanks for coming back and letting me know how it worked out!

5. Kelly says

My husband just bought a nearly 6lb pork tenderloin. I am planning freezing at least half of it – how many pounds is a typical pork loin? I want to make sure I adjust the sauce accordingly so I have enough. Thanks!

• Cara Hersey says

Kelly I usually buy smaller Tenderloins at around 2lb. a piece. Like I said in the post, the cooking time was adjusted because I had HUGE tenderloins I was cooking this time around.